Welcome to My Full-Time RV Living LifeStyle Blog!

I suppose I should mention that this is an RV blog. The picture of me standing beside a motorhome in the banner probably tipped you off to that fact already, but you know how it is with blogs, any body can put anything in the header.

Anyways, I was born, raised, and live in Maine, I have 12 cats, and some people would call me homeless. Nope, I have a home, I just don't have what people call a standard house. My house has wheels and her name is Rosebud. My backyard stretches on for thousands and thousands of miles all the way from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

Once upon a time I had a "regular home" but a flood came and took it away. Me and my cats spent the next 3 years living under a 8x6 tarp and survived through 3 blizzards and Maine's coldest winter on record when the temps hit -48F. After that me and the cats moved in a Volvo. As hard as it is to live in a tent with 12 cats, it's even harder to live in a Volvo with 12 cats, and a motorhome named No Hurry was the answer. No Hurry: my home, my office, my RV.

I plan to use this blog to share my thoughts, ideas, adventures, and advice on being self-employed, living and working a full-time RV LifeStyle with an army of cats, while boondocking in the wonderful (and sometimes sub-zero) state of Maine.

I hope to write a post a day featuring random thoughts as they pop into my head, and hopefully 2 or 3 posts per week will focus on something helpful to those seeking to live in an RV full time. If you've any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on what sort of posts you'd like to see me write, please comment and let me know.

I hope you all have as much fun reading this blog as I know I'll have writing it.

~Wendy

Friday, July 13, 2012

Info about the The Dazzling Razzberry, the Art Car of Saco Bay

Because people keeping wanting to know what and why, about my car, here is the sign which now hangs in the window:










The Dazzling Razzberry II
1992 Volvo 240GL


Also known as “EelKat’s Autism Awareness Car”, and nicknamed “Sparkle Car” by the local children of Biddeford, Saco, and Old Orchard Beach, where this car resides. The original Dazzling Razzberry was a Lincoln built in the 1980s.

Designed as a Liberace Tribute Car by 37 year old Autistic Native Maine artist, author, illustrator, car collector, and lifelong Liberace fan Rev. EelKat Wendy Christine Allen.

This art car is a work in progress. When complete it is estimated that it will have 2 million seed beads, 55,000 rhinestones, and 12,000 assorted beads, buttons, marbles, spangles, sequins, and mirrors glued to its surface. Upon completion, every inch of the car will be covered.

Why is this called “The Autism Awareness Car”? Because I have Autism, and most people, when they find out, respond by saying, “Really, I never would have guessed. You don’t look retarded at all,” or “How can you have Autism, only children have that.” Many people have a misconception about what they think an Autistic person looks or acts like. This project is being built as a reminder that children with Autism grow up to be adults with Autism, and though like this car we are very different from the rest of the world and see the world through very different eyes, underneath, we are just like you. Only the outside of this car has been altered. Though it may look different on the outside, underneath, it is just your average everyday ordinary Volvo. 1 in every 33 adults has Autism and is living unseen alongside you. Chances are someone you know has Autism and they don’t look any more different from you, then I do. Please don't make the mistake many others have done and judge Autistic people (both adults and children) by outer appearances.

You can find out more about EelKat, her art, her books, her cars, and on being an adult with Autism at http:www.zazzle.com/eelkat or at http://eelkat.wordpress.com Thank you for stopping looking at my car and have yourself a bright and wounderful glorious day. May all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones.

                                                                                            ~EK


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Good morning Starshine! Liked this post? Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: BloggerEtsyFaceBookGoogle+KeenMySpaceNaNoWriMoProBoardsScript FrenzySpoonflowerSquidooTwitterULC Ministers NetworkWordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!

~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka Empress EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log @ http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat @ http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day! ~ EelKat



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Did you know you can now get a FREE Kindle for your PC? Be sure to download your FREE Kindle directly from Amazon today. Don't have Windows PC? No worries! Amazon is also offering 100% FREE Kindles for: AndroidWindows Phone 7MaciPhone, and BlackBerry. And don't miss out on over 1.8 million Free eBooks from Amazon's Kindle Store.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment