Welcome to My Full-Time RV Living LifeStyle Blog!

I suppose I should mention that this is an RV blog. The picture of me standing beside a motorhome in the banner probably tipped you off to that fact already, but you know how it is with blogs, any body can put anything in the header.

Anyways, I was born, raised, and live in Maine, I have 12 cats, and some people would call me homeless. Nope, I have a home, I just don't have what people call a standard house. My house has wheels and her name is Rosebud. My backyard stretches on for thousands and thousands of miles all the way from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

Once upon a time I had a "regular home" but a flood came and took it away. Me and my cats spent the next 3 years living under a 8x6 tarp and survived through 3 blizzards and Maine's coldest winter on record when the temps hit -48F. After that me and the cats moved in a Volvo. As hard as it is to live in a tent with 12 cats, it's even harder to live in a Volvo with 12 cats, and a motorhome named No Hurry was the answer. No Hurry: my home, my office, my RV.

I plan to use this blog to share my thoughts, ideas, adventures, and advice on being self-employed, living and working a full-time RV LifeStyle with an army of cats, while boondocking in the wonderful (and sometimes sub-zero) state of Maine.

I hope to write a post a day featuring random thoughts as they pop into my head, and hopefully 2 or 3 posts per week will focus on something helpful to those seeking to live in an RV full time. If you've any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on what sort of posts you'd like to see me write, please comment and let me know.

I hope you all have as much fun reading this blog as I know I'll have writing it.

~Wendy

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday 9: Against All Odds

Today's blog meme is: (You will find my answers below the copy of the original post)...

Against All Odds

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Against All Odds

1. Have you ever tried to rekindle a past relationship against the odds?

2. Do you like your job, or daily routine?

3. Do you find time to 'smell the flowers' so to speak?

4. Do you have any problems thinking of things to write about in your blog?

5. Do others consider you well organized?

6. Do you always have a “Plan B” just in case?

7. How do you find yourself adjusting to new situations?

8. Are you happy with where you are in this point of your life?

9. Do you find the aging process we all go through easy or difficult?

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets
To add your link to the list, enter your name and URL in the form below and press Enter.




Your name: 
Your URL: 
Please leave a comment after linking... Thank you!





1. Have you ever tried to rekindle a past relationship against the odds?

Yes, I have actually.

2. Do you like your job, or daily routine?

More or less. There are a few things I would change, (and am currently working to change) but for the most part I'm pretty happy with things.

3. Do you find time to 'smell the flowers' so to speak?

Oh hell yes! This is the best way to define my life. LOL!

4. Do you have any problems thinking of things to write about in your blog?

Me? Are you kidding? I write over 50 blogs, including EK's Star Log, which has over 8,000 posts on in and was started in 2003, and the average size of my posts are 2,000 words. Nope, my brain is a bubbling boiling volcanic hot spot of activity and never runs out of things to write about.

5. Do others consider you well organized?

Depends. In some areas of my life I'm majorly over organized, color-coded, and alphabetized (I have Autism, order is an obsession), and yet my bed room-sleeping area is a total mess, go figure.

6. Do you always have a “Plan B” just in case?

Yep. Always. For everything. I've usually got a Place C and Plan D as well, and all of them are written down, with charts and graphs and pictures and arrows. Every little detail of every aspect of every thing I do gets written down, charts, plotted, planned, thought out, edited, re thought out, rewritten, and thought out and re written once again just in case I over looked something the first couple of times ... Autism.... remember? In some ways I would make a good Vogon. And if you are not a sci-fi geek than you have no idea what a Vogon is.

"Here is what to do if you want to get a lift from a Vogon: forget it. They are one of the most unpleasant races in the Galaxy. Not actually evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. The best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is to stick your finger down his throat, and the best way to irritate him is to feed his grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. On no account should you allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." ~ Douglas Adams

7. How do you find yourself adjusting to new situations?

I don't. Autism. I require a strict steady routine and have a need to know every thing in detail, written out in a list on a chart which I can refer to through out the day, so I know I am on schedule and on track. Any slight unplanned disruption can cause a major meltdown on my part, which is the reason why I REQUIRE having Plans B, C, and D in case something goes wrong.

8. Are you happy with where you are in this point of your life?

Yes, for the most part. I can think of ways it would be better. For example, I would rather be with my husband and I would rather my career brought in a higher income and I dislike no being allowed to go to church, but really all things considering, life is far better right now than it was just a year ago and with things as bad as they were back than, it's not possible to do anything but keep getting better. Life gets better with each new day, so I can't complain.

9. Do you find the aging process we all go through easy or difficult?

There are a few minor stressful parts of it: PMS, PMDD, and Menopause, I would rather do without. Only thing that bothers me about getting older is, I so deeply wanted to have a baby and that it seems is no longer an option for me. Other than that I've not seen problems with aging. It is a natural part of life, no reason to fight it when you could be enjoying it instead.



blog meme, blogging, eelkat, My Life, random acts of blogging, Wendy C Allen

This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log @ http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat @ http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day! ~ EelKat

No comments:

Post a Comment