Welcome to My Full-Time RV Living LifeStyle Blog!

I suppose I should mention that this is an RV blog. The picture of me standing beside a motorhome in the banner probably tipped you off to that fact already, but you know how it is with blogs, any body can put anything in the header.

Anyways, I was born, raised, and live in Maine, I have 12 cats, and some people would call me homeless. Nope, I have a home, I just don't have what people call a standard house. My house has wheels and her name is Rosebud. My backyard stretches on for thousands and thousands of miles all the way from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

Once upon a time I had a "regular home" but a flood came and took it away. Me and my cats spent the next 3 years living under a 8x6 tarp and survived through 3 blizzards and Maine's coldest winter on record when the temps hit -48F. After that me and the cats moved in a Volvo. As hard as it is to live in a tent with 12 cats, it's even harder to live in a Volvo with 12 cats, and a motorhome named No Hurry was the answer. No Hurry: my home, my office, my RV.

I plan to use this blog to share my thoughts, ideas, adventures, and advice on being self-employed, living and working a full-time RV LifeStyle with an army of cats, while boondocking in the wonderful (and sometimes sub-zero) state of Maine.

I hope to write a post a day featuring random thoughts as they pop into my head, and hopefully 2 or 3 posts per week will focus on something helpful to those seeking to live in an RV full time. If you've any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on what sort of posts you'd like to see me write, please comment and let me know.

I hope you all have as much fun reading this blog as I know I'll have writing it.

~Wendy

Thursday, July 21, 2011

New to Spark and RVing, not new to Boondocking

I just joined SparkPeople, because I used to walk/hike everywhere, than life happened, I got depressed, started binge eating, stopped walking, gained weight, and suddenly a few weeks ago discovered that I was winded and could not walk more than a quarter mile without stopping to rest. This was a shocking fact as I used to walk 13 miles a day and did heavy duty hiking, and yet now I was so out of shape, I could barely walk a thousand feet!

When I say life happened and I got depressed, I mean, a flood took out our house, and after spending the summer rebuilding a fire took out our house again just 6 months later - vandalism both times - a cut water main and arson). Two years living under a 8x6 tarp, the following years living in a Volvo, changed my life a lot, brought me closer to nature, taught me how to live for 5 years with no electricity, no running water, and pretty much nothing but the cloths I was wearing at the time of the fire.

Matters are made doubly hard by the fact that I have Autism, it is difficult for me to find "regular" jobs because rare is the employer who hires a person with Autism.

An attempt to go back to living in a house, brought a shocking revelation: In my 5 years living off the land, on the land, at one with the land, pretty much being a full-time camper - I actually LIKED living as a full time camper, I even preferred it, and going back into a house triggered a mass depression fit, a huge binge eating fit, and my gaining 40lbs in 3 months! In a house I felt trapped, caged, cornered, imprisoned, and had a constant need to escape back into the forests and beaches and open space. Thus it came about that I realized the only answer was to buy an RV and continue to live at one with nature as a boondocking full-timer.

I've spent the last 2 years looking at trailers and motorhomes trying to decide what is right for my needs. I've decided on a Class A, most likely Winnebago or TravelMaster, probably something from the 1980s. I plan to buy one this fall. Had planned to buy one already but we had a few unplanned setbacks and are running about 7 months behind our planned schedule. Oh well. I'm used to life throwing me unexpected turns now.

I'm not one to travel much, so it's doubtful I will leave Maine much, though I do want to take a trip to Alaska at some point.

After I realized I was having a hard time walking, I weighed myself for the first time in many years to be shocked at the 182lbs! OMG! I spent 25 years staying between 125 to 130 and now I was 182? How did that happen without me noticing it? No wonder I was getting winded so bad!  I did a Google search to find an online site to help me lose weight, and that's how I found Spark. Than I searched Spark to see if any RV folks were here and that's how I found this team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log @ http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat @ http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day! ~ EelKat

1 comment:

  1. Greetings and Merry Meet Wendy!

    I'm Morgana. I happened to tumble on your blog when I clicked a link. I was intrigued to say the least about living in a tent then an RV. My mind was on my future and where we will live in Maine. Then I proceeded to read your blog and read that you live in Maine! Thank you for sharing your story....what an inspiration you are dear sister!

    I won't bore you with the trivials of my life but just want to say that I recently left a highly stressful career, had a heart attack 2 months to the day I left, then a series of life changing events hit me/us and now we are heading to Maine to live the rest of our lives out. Us includes: one hubby, 6 cats (rescued), 4 dogs (all rescues/strays), 9 goats, 1 pig, and a ton of houseplants and herbs. Not sure where we will land yet, depends on the deal we get. Would love to meet you one day if our paths should cross.

    Bright Blessings to you and Merry Part til we Meet again!

    Morgana

    ReplyDelete