Welcome to My Full-Time RV Living LifeStyle Blog!

I suppose I should mention that this is an RV blog. The picture of me standing beside a motorhome in the banner probably tipped you off to that fact already, but you know how it is with blogs, any body can put anything in the header.

Anyways, I was born, raised, and live in Maine, I have 12 cats, and some people would call me homeless. Nope, I have a home, I just don't have what people call a standard house. My house has wheels and her name is Rosebud. My backyard stretches on for thousands and thousands of miles all the way from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

Once upon a time I had a "regular home" but a flood came and took it away. Me and my cats spent the next 3 years living under a 8x6 tarp and survived through 3 blizzards and Maine's coldest winter on record when the temps hit -48F. After that me and the cats moved in a Volvo. As hard as it is to live in a tent with 12 cats, it's even harder to live in a Volvo with 12 cats, and a motorhome named No Hurry was the answer. No Hurry: my home, my office, my RV.

I plan to use this blog to share my thoughts, ideas, adventures, and advice on being self-employed, living and working a full-time RV LifeStyle with an army of cats, while boondocking in the wonderful (and sometimes sub-zero) state of Maine.

I hope to write a post a day featuring random thoughts as they pop into my head, and hopefully 2 or 3 posts per week will focus on something helpful to those seeking to live in an RV full time. If you've any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on what sort of posts you'd like to see me write, please comment and let me know.

I hope you all have as much fun reading this blog as I know I'll have writing it.

~Wendy

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday 5 for July 15: Long Journeys; A Blog MeMe

July 15, 2011

Friday 5 for July 15: Long Journeys

Filed under: This Week's Friday 5 — scrivener @ 4:51 am
Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
  1. What is the longest distance you’ve traveled (in one trip) by foot?
  2. What is the longest trip you’ve taken by car?
  3. What is the longest trip you’ve taken by plane?
  4. What is the longest trip you’ve taken on some kind of water craft?
  5. What is the longest trip you’ve taken aboard a bus or train?
Thanks for participating, and have a long weekend!



MY ANSWERS:



What is the longest distance you’ve traveled (in one trip) by foot?


13 miles walking around Old Orchard Beach, Maine. I do a lot of walking, but never very long at a time, rarely do I travel more than 4 or 5 miles when walking.




What is the longest trip you’ve taken by car?

From Maine to Utah and back in 1978. Been on hundreds of road trips all over the US, but that was the longest single trip and it took 2 years to get there and back.

What is the longest trip you’ve taken by plane?

None. I've never been on a plane.

What is the longest trip you’ve taken on some kind of water craft?

The Pirate Ship tour at StoryLand in Glen, New Hampshire, which is basically a trip around a lake, and you have to row the oars - it's a Gallows-Ship and requires about 70 rowers to move it.

What is the longest trip you’ve taken aboard a bus or train?

About 7 miles on a Trolly in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Never been on a train or a bus. Too expensive.


This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log @ http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat @ http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day! ~ EelKat

No comments:

Post a Comment