Welcome to My Full-Time RV Living LifeStyle Blog!

I suppose I should mention that this is an RV blog. The picture of me standing beside a motorhome in the banner probably tipped you off to that fact already, but you know how it is with blogs, any body can put anything in the header.

Anyways, I was born, raised, and live in Maine, I have 12 cats, and some people would call me homeless. Nope, I have a home, I just don't have what people call a standard house. My house has wheels and her name is Rosebud. My backyard stretches on for thousands and thousands of miles all the way from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

Once upon a time I had a "regular home" but a flood came and took it away. Me and my cats spent the next 3 years living under a 8x6 tarp and survived through 3 blizzards and Maine's coldest winter on record when the temps hit -48F. After that me and the cats moved in a Volvo. As hard as it is to live in a tent with 12 cats, it's even harder to live in a Volvo with 12 cats, and a motorhome named No Hurry was the answer. No Hurry: my home, my office, my RV.

I plan to use this blog to share my thoughts, ideas, adventures, and advice on being self-employed, living and working a full-time RV LifeStyle with an army of cats, while boondocking in the wonderful (and sometimes sub-zero) state of Maine.

I hope to write a post a day featuring random thoughts as they pop into my head, and hopefully 2 or 3 posts per week will focus on something helpful to those seeking to live in an RV full time. If you've any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on what sort of posts you'd like to see me write, please comment and let me know.

I hope you all have as much fun reading this blog as I know I'll have writing it.

~Wendy

Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday 5 for July 1: Five for 5′s Fifth - A Blog Meme

July 1, 2011

Friday 5 for July 1: Five for 5′s Fifth

Filed under: This Week's Friday 5 — scrivener @ 12:01 am
Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
Last week’s questions were the completion of five years at Friday5.org! Happy birthday to us as we begin our sixth year of memeing together. Special shout-out toCat, who participated in the first 5 and still participates once in a while (last week, most recently)!
  1. Of the five weekdays, which is the easiest to get through?
  2. Which of the five little piggies is the most bizarrely characterized?
  3. Of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, from which do you draw your power?
  4. Haribo Gummy Bears come in five flavors: pineapple (white), strawberry (green), raspberry (red), lemon (yellow) and orange (orange). Which is your favorite?
  5. Which of the five basic tastes (sweetness, sourness, bitterness, saltiness, and savoriness) best describes your personality?
Okay, so those questions were kind of weird. I like them. :) Thanks for participating, and may your weekend feel like it’s five days long!






MY ANSWERS:



Of the five weekdays, which is the easiest to get through?

Are you implying that it is at some point difficult to get through a certain weekday? I'm afraid I do not understand this question and it is difficult for me to answer a question if I do not know what it means. Sorry. I have Autism and you have to understand that I do not understand sayings and phrases which are not directly spoken. How can it be easy or difficult to get through a day? This statement makes no logical sense to me. I am trying to understand it, but a day is a day. It comes it goes. You live, you work, you do what has to be done and you move on to the next day. Each day is a different and unique experience. No two days are ever alike. No day is ever easier or harder than the next, they are just days.

Which of the five little piggies is the most bizarrely characterized?

I'll have to go through the list and see what they are:

This little piggie went to market-
This little piggie stayed home-
This little piggie ate roast beef-
This little piggie had none-
And this little piggie cried wee-wee-wee all the way home.





A pig going to market, you would assume he is dead and chopped up into pork, bacon, and ham, otherwise why would a pig be at the market?

The pig who stayed home is still alive and sleeping in the pen.

Why would a pig be eating a cow?

Obviously this pig is sane, see how pigs don't eat cows.

The last pig was still alive when then to the market and escaped and ran home screaming in terror.

My answer is Pig #3. All the other 4 pigs are logical. The pig eating the cow is bizarre and illogical.

Of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, from which do you draw your power?



This is an unusual and interesting question. I really don't know, I'll have to think about this for a minute and see if I can figure out any common connections I might have. I suppose for starters I'll look at my signs and go from there. I'm afraid I'm not well versed in astrology, so my knowledge there is just the basic stuff.
In Western Astrology, I'm a Leo, which is a Fire Sign. In Eastern Astrology I am a Wood Rabbit, which is an Earth sign, so conflicting elements there.

I never use "The Elements" in my magic work. I know I keep hearing folks (mostly Wiccans) saying "You gotta do the Four Corners, you gotta have a pentical for the elements", etc, etc. I just stare at them blankly and go: "Why?" Fact is I was doing magic work for 30 years before I ever even heard of them, and they were introduced to me by Wiccans, as part of some big cerimonial ritual thing and me: I'm not Wiccan and I'm not a big fan of the fluffy show off way of strutting about doing some elaborate cerimonial ritual, which really is more for show than for any real purpose, or at least, that's the way I see it. I just do my thing and get things done, I don't waste time blessing corners, calling elements, and waving a wand around, because I just can't see the point of it. But yeah, my point is, I never did any of my work focusing on Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Metal, because I was taught magic arts by my 2 grandmothers and they were taught by their grandmonthers and so on which we can trace (via the extremly ancient family Bible) all the way back to the 1400s - and well, not a one of them ever mentioned "working with Elements", so I guess wherever that tradition comes from, it didn't come from Scotland, or at least not the traditions my family practiced or I would have been taught it.

What that all means is, all the things I do, I do without knowing which element they are connected to, because I'm very much, not well versed on which element goes with which item. I am slowly learning about working with the elements though.

The crystals/gems/minerals I am drawn to are: Opals, Pearls, Star Sapphire, Star Ruby, Mookite, Unikite, Tigers Eye, Goldstone, Blueing, Pyrite, Mica. But as a general rule Opals are it: I'm hugely attracted to Opals, I almost obsess over Opals. Opas are a Water Element gem. Pearls are what I wear. Strings of pearls round my neck, pearl rings, pearl prayer beads. I especially love black pearls, but all pearls are my thing. They say diamonds are a girl's best friend, nope, not me, I hate diamonds, can't stand them, won't wear them, won't own them, won't even have one in the house. Pearls are a girl's best friend in my book, after opals that is! Sapphire and Blueing are also Water Element. In crystals/gems/minerals it seems to be Water ruling out. The rest of the gems are Fire and Earth and oddly, they are specifically the Fire gems of Leo and the Earth gems of Wood Rabbit, which I find very odd as I've been attracted to these gems close to 40 years, but only just found out about astology signs less than 10 years ago.

When it comes to divination, my maine methods are card reading and "throwing bones & stones". I also use a crystal ball, only it is not crystal and not a ball - it is an antquie green glass Japanese Fishing Net Weight I found washed up on the beach. I have tons of card decks, but the ones I use the most, is Doreen Virtue's Mermaid & Dolphin Deck and The Unicorn Deck. Both mermaids and unicorns are Water Faeries. And my "Bag of Stones" is filled with beach pebbles, marbles, D&D-RPG Dice, and seashells, so Water Element is shining through here too.

Feathers get used a lot. I use feathers as I find them, and the feathers I find tend to be from: crows, seagulls, pigeons, and ducks, and I find them on the beach, so 3 out of 4 pointing to Water Element again.

I do stuff with herbs and plants, growing most of them myself in my garden. On a first glance that would say Earth right? Nope. I live in a swamp, a brook runs through my garden, and the ocean is a 5-minute walk across the street. My garden is a boggy, mushy, muddy mess which visitors avoid because they don't want to "ruin their shoes" or "get their feet wet" or "be bitten by all the bugs". Me? I love it. Toss off my shoes, mud in my toes, frogs jumping by, turtles basking in the sun, songbirds in the hedges, herons in the swamp grass, ducks in the brook, and my plants are Hosta, Iris, Marsh Marigolds, Cinnimon Ferns,  Jack-in-the-Pulpit and other such water loving plants that enjoy wet roots. But it doesn't end there, no, I said MOST of the herbs and plants I use, I grow myself, right? The ones I don't grow, I gather off the beach: Ruffled Kelp, Sea Lettuce, Bladder Wrack, and other seaweeds. There is a reason people call me "The Sea Witch of Old Orchard Beach" and it has a lot to do with the fact that I spend a lot of days on the beach gathering up buckets of sea weed. So yeah, Water Element is really doing some heavy overtime here.

Than there is my timing. I know people are always saying: "But moon phases, you gotta work with the moon phases!" Uhm? What? No one ever taught me moon phases and like I said, I was taught by my grandmothers, who were taught by their grandmothers, and so on, all the way back to the 1400s - and probably farther back than that, we just don't have a written record before than, and like Elements, there is no mention of Moon Phases in the magic traditions my family passed down, so before I meet a Wiccan in 2005, I had never heard of working with moon phases before, and I didn't even know the moon had phases. All I knew was there's the moon, and for 3 days it'll be full, than go back to normal. I was taught full moon stuff, like how the tides are higher during a full moon, the waves are stormier, and the light being brighter makes it a better night for working on the cold dark North Atlantic beaches. I was also taught that the Faeries come out in the full moon, making it the best time to work with them, or at least the best time to work with the type I work with: Water Faeries; because the full moon changes the ocean. Did you ever watch the waves during a full moon? They'll capsize a ship. There's reason fisherman stay home during a full moon. But than there is the fog, it doesn't matter how big and bright the full moon is, you just can't see it or the ocean, because the fog comes rolling in, and this, is the best time to work, because this is when the Faeries come ashore, hidden under the cover of the fog, and this is when I time my work: to make the storms and fog, when the powers of the Water Faeries are at their highest points.

I love fog, it's my favorite weather, but nothing beats standing on the beach during a driving hurrican. Insane? Yes. But I never miss a chance to stand on the shore with the wind trying to lift me off the ground and toss me into skyscraper tall waves while thunder and lightening flash and crash all around me. Believe me - you haven't lived until you stand on the beach and literaly look a hurrican right in the eye. It's exhilerating. (Almost as good as a hurrican is a February Blizzard at -48F below zero tempuratures. There is a reason why locals call me "That crazy sea witch.") I live for hurricans! Of course, I'm homeless today because in 2006 a flood came through and took my house with it, but that just gave me an opertunity to spend three years living under a tarp on the beach! LOL! Right now I live in my car on the beach while saving up for an RV to continue living on the beach with. (I still own my land, just there is no house on it any more.)

As you may have noticed by now I work mostly with the ocean itself. I work around the shifting tides and raging storms. Huge Water Element factor going on there, in fact, you can't get much bigger on Water Element than the ocean itself! LOL!

Even when I travel, where do I go? Sight seeing to rivers, waterfalls, swamps, marshes, and gorges. I don't care about mountains and deserts and grasslands, nope, all I want to see is moving water.

I have had a life long dream of getting a ship and living on the ocean. Some day I will have enough money to buy a house boat and than dry land may never see me again. :)

I guess I am going to have to say it is the Water Element that I am drawn to most of all.


So my answer is: Water.

I am considered to be "A Sea Witch" a term locals call me, as I live on the beach and do most of my magic and divination with the help of the ocean, beach sand, shells, beach pebbles, seaweed, etc..


Haribo Gummy Bears come in five flavors: pineapple (white), strawberry (green), raspberry (red), lemon (yellow) and orange (orange). Which is your favorite?  

I wasn't sure what these were, so I had to look them up. I figured while I was looking them up, I'd post a link to them, so you could see what they were in case you didn't know either.

I believe I may have tried these years ago, like in the 1980s. I do know that I don't like gummy candies very much so it's been years since I've eaten any at all.

I'm intrigued by the fact that it says green is strawberry flavored. Why may I ask is green, strawberry? Yes, strawberries are green before they ripen, but they are also as sour as lemons when they are green. Not many people eat green strawberries. I know this because I do in fact eat green strawberries (I grow strawberries) and every one tells me that eating green strawberries is weird and that I am the only person they have ever heard of who does it.

I also wonder why pineapple is white, not yellow, and why lemon is yellow not white. The reverse of their colors would seem more logical.

Flavor-wise, not having any here to try and thus no real way to say which flavor is mu favorite (how can you have a favorite flavor of something if you don't know what it tastes like?) I would guess, that I most likely would prefer the strawberry flavor, as I rarely like raspberry or lemon flavored candy and I've never known a pineapple flavored candy to actually taste like pineapples, and orange, while often my favorite color is rarely one of my favorite flavors.

Which of the five basic tastes (sweetness, sourness, bitterness, saltiness, and savoriness) best describes your personality?

I would guess somewhere between salty and savory.











This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log @ http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat @ http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day! ~ EelKat

No comments:

Post a Comment